West Kelowna Voting Info
General Voting Day is Saturday, October 20 in the 2018 Local Government Election in the City of West Kelowna. Polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at:
• Westbank Lions Community Centre, 2466 Main Street
• Constable Neil Bruce Middle School, 2010 Daimler Drive
• Mar Jok Elementary School, 2101 McDougall Road
• Glenrosa Middle School, 3565 McIver Road
Voters will be asked to choose one mayor, up to six councillors and one school trustee.
Eligible voters will register at one of the four polling stations on voting day by bringing with them two pieces of identification, one with a signature and one with an address, that verify who they are and where they live.
Voters are eligible to cast a ballot if they:
• Have not already voted in this election;
• Are 18 years of age or older on general voting day;
• Are a Canadian citizen;
• Have been a BC resident for at least six months immediately before the day of registration;
• Have been a resident or registered owner of real property in the City of West Kelowna for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration; and,
• Are free from any disqualification from voting under the Local Government Act or any other enactment and are not otherwise disqualified by law.
Preliminary voting results will be released as soon as possible after the polls close. Information will be posted on the City’s website at www.westkelownacity.ca/news.
For more information on the Local Government Election in West Kelowna, visit www.westkelownacity.ca/election.