Sandbag Locations Update
For homeowners who wish to protect their properties from possible flooding, City of West Kelowna has made sand and sandbags available at the following locations:
- Kinsmen Works Yard – 3170 Shannon Lake Road
- Across the street from the Glenrosa Fire Station on Gates Road
- Across the street from the Rose Valley Fire Station on West Kelowna Road
- 4081 Hitchner Road – road end
- Kinsmen Works Yard driveway
- West Kelowna Yacht Club – 4111 Gellatly Road
With the wet weather experienced recently and a higher-than-normal snowpack, West Kelowna crews are preparing for flooding. On March 27, the City closed Rotary Trails Park to the public to begin staging supplies at that location and other areas in West Kelowna in an abundance of caution as the community braces for possible flooding.
Private property owners living in flood-prone areas or near waterways are encouraged to consider how to protect their property in case of flooding. Please contact the City’s Planning Department at 778-797-8830 before conducting any work in waterways or sensitive aquatic areas on your property.
Correct Sandbag Wall Construction
Homeowners using sandbags to protect their property are encouraged to review the Province of BC’s tips for sandbag wall construction at:
Find more emergency preparedness information at www.gov.bc.ca/preparedbc.